Saturday, June 24, 2006

Our Fingerprints expire on July 1st, so I had to write a letter to the CIS requesting another appointment to have our fingerprints done again and pay the fees again. We received our appointment, scheduled for today at 8:00 a.m. This morning we got up very early, drove to Atlanta and stood in line with 1,000+ other people and did it again. They are scanned on computers. You would think there is a permanent record somewhere wouldn't you? So why do we have to pay the fees again and do this again? Go figure. One funny thing did happen though. We took our puppy, Cannolli with us. He goes everywhere with us in a special bag that looks like a purse. (My husband insisted that he come with us) Well, when they asked to check inside my purse, I knew that they would be surprised, so I tried to prepare the lady and the guard by telling them that Cannolli was in my bag. I did not want them to over react and cause a scene when I opened the bag. Well they laughed and asked me if I was kidding, to which I replied NO! She then said with a big smile that she had to check the bag anyway, still thinking that I was kidding. I opened the bag quickly and Cannolli stuck his little head up so I closed it immediately. The lady started laughing and the guard standing next to her just said, "I didn't see anything" and laughed. They both approved us to go on through and said that I had made their day. We were in and out within 45 minutes and on our way home. I am sure it is a story they will laugh about and share with others for a long time. Posted by Picasa