Monday, September 18, 2006

One of my co-workers, Hui, is from China. I asked if she would write "Katherine MeiLia" and "Love" in Chinese characters on a paper heart for me to add to Katherine's scrapbook. She explained that her husband has a very beautiful handwriting and she would ask him to write the name for me. Hui, also explained that "Mei" can be written using two different chinese characters and each have a different meaning. This character translation is the most common used when translating and the character means a type of "winter flower" (the 3rd character from the right). The large character at the bottom is "LOVE".




This translation of "MeiLia" means "BEAUTIFUL" (the last 3 characters). "LOVE" is written using a different style of character.













I love them both and will use both in my scrapbook, but will probably use the translation using the Chinese characters for MeiLia meaning "BEAUTIFUL" (pictured on the right) as my preference when having her name written .

The Chinese characters are very beautiful art forms. I wish I was so talented. This is a very special addition to her scrapbook that I am sure she will treasure forever. Thank you so much! Posted by Picasa